Thread: Spiteful or?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 08:42 AM   #7
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Dogs aren't really capable of "spite" or "revenge"...they just make mistakes bc they aren't clear on what they're expected to do.

I'd suggest you read the Sticky threads in the training section about potty training, there are some really great tips in those threads.
Hehe..I guess I should have added that it may seem like spite, it probably isn't. Dogs really don't know what is considered 'good' or 'bad' besides what we train them to know or learn.
Daisy Dukes, the sticky threads are really really useful! I learned lots by reading through them before getting Scottie! Highly recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post

...when she pottys I give her a big ole hug. ...So even though you think she is potty pad trained, sometimes it doesn't hurt to reinforce the command periodically.
I do the same (except outdoors)! Even though I sound like a crazy person talking to my dog about his pee and poop when other people walk by me, I'm like "good pee Scottie!" or "good boy, what a good poop!" Sometimes I'm so impressed with his poop, I let out a "wow, that is one nice piece of poop".. (I get really excited when he has consistent good healthy poop! )
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!