View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleslie View Post
Hi I would love some opinions/insight/ advice for our yorkie with a ACL tear. He is 7yo, weighs 5lbs & injured his leg the first week of November & unfortunately it has not gotten better. When his symptoms first began they included trouble walking (limping, back legs falling out from under him), hiding, occasional whimper, reclusive, not very playful & an increase (more than his typical itchy rub) with head/body rubbing on floor/furniture. When we 1st brought him in to the vet hospital they thought something neurological may be wrong & advised we see a vet neurologist & observe him for a couple more days. Following observation I brought him back to the vet hospital & asked to see an ortho vet who did an exam & x-ray & believed he had a partial ACL tear on his right hind leg. We were advised to give him pain & anti-inflammatory meds for 2wks & to restrict activity. We did that & have continued to restrict activity but he is still not much better - still has trouble walking (legs slip/fall out from under him) & is still kind of reclusive/not very playful. I would greatly appreciate anyone's opinion/insight/advice!
Thanks
Erica
Here is my concern - unless both hind legs are problematic for acl or ccl tears - I am not clear on why both legs would *slip out* from underneath him? I am also not too clear if you saw a neurologist or not - if he has gotten the all clear neurologically speaking and you truly have restricted his activity meaning crate rest - walk on lead outside only to pee or poo then yes probably surgery is indicated - but I truly don t understand why both back legs would slip out from under him.......
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!