Thread: Kidney Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
kbello78
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Kidney Issue

Hello Everyone,

It has now been a year since my beloved yorkie Louise passed away, and we're facing health issues with our other yorkie, Luca. He was very lethargic and had trouble keeping his hind limbs up, so I brought him in to the vet. He also started shivering and not eating his normal food. They did blood work which revealed high protein levels showing the kidneys were not functioning properly, anemia, and elevated white blood cells. I'm not certain of his age, but I would say about 12-14 years old. He has always been very healthy except for some dental issues that were present when we adopted him 2 years ago. The doctor suspects that possibly there is an infection related to the dental issues and gave me a liquid oral antibiotic.

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced similar symptoms in an older yorkie and if they were resolved? Also, have any of you had dental work done on an older yorkie (with anesthesia)?

I'm collecting a urine sample today and will be giving him iron supplements for the anemia. Thanks, I'm always struggling with decisions to be made with the health of our pets.
kbello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!