View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
Bebe8
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you, I really appreciate the responses and opinions of everyone. She does lay at my feet under my desk while I work. Both of my yorkies have beds in my office with me. I want them here with me, but they have to be quiet if they want to be here. I follow and often donate to two yorkie rescue groups in my area, this type of dog always winds up back with the rescue because of the stubborn personality. I have someone in mind to give her to and they would be happy to have her.

The static collar can be confused as a shock collar. It's not harmful and it's very mild and startling which get's their attention. I've felt it for myself. I use the type that are remote controlled, I can control when and how much stimulation is needed to correct. It was what I needed. I would have never attempted it alone which is why I worked with a professional trainer to do it correctly. Positive reinforcement only works to a degree, and I've been trying for years.

I have a new fear of doggy day care's. Unsanitary, injuries and dog fight's always happen. I was naive when I took her there as a puppy. Even though it's divided from the bigger dogs, they are still put with dogs up to 30 lbs. Plus any owner can request their dog that is over 30 lbs can be put in with the smaller dogs because there are dogs well over 100lbs for the bigger size group. My male does not get along with other animals. I've tried, we've tried with the professional trainer and he is uncomfortable and that's his personality. He walks away from the other dogs and stays as far as possible. I can't bring one and not the other to doggy day care, it would set off the balance in the home. I can't even walk one with out having problems when I get back with them getting along.

I'm unsure if she is hurting or ill. She's been to the vet recently and certainly not acting lethargic or ill. I have a dental scheduled to be done next week which requires a full physical and bloodwork. I will let the vet know my concerns and to check if anything is not normal which could cause this.

I could be over analyzing the situation and I did write out of frustration and tears which made me feel better afterwards. She does feed off my frustration, but my male is so much more understanding and stops immediately as soon as I say to.

I'm tough on myself. If I give up this dog, I will probably never get another again because I would feel awful and mad at myself for giving her up. It angers me when I see someone give up a pet because of a new baby or can't take care of it. (I won't even mention that I've seen some of the same people get new ones months later because that really makes me angry) I was brought up to care for a pet it's entire life because they are a member of the family.
Bebe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!