Thread: aaaah questions
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #11
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Kari - I just finished posting this on another site - maybe it will help you.

I have about 3 dozen thin, inexpensive washclothes - the kind you can buy in a bundle (at Walmart, K-mart, etc.)

I fold them in a diagonal - elongated manner (leaving them 3 or 4 inches wide -whatever!) I wrap them tightly around my pup and pin them with a diaper pin. (They are folded on the bias -so I wrap them quite tight initially. Otherwise they will be off in a few minutes.)

These go right into the wash with my other laundry.

I especially love these when we go visiting. I can let my pup run around in other people's houses without worrying.

I don't use a pad in them - but I'm sure you could. If your pup pees "a lot" using two two washclothes would certainly be another option.

I'm playing with and handling my dog constantly - and change the "washcloth" everytime it feels wet. (You can wipe him off with a baby wipe if you wish). I have never had any problems with any type of rash or irritation - and am able to keep him dry almost 100% of the time. He never smells like pee.

I have purchased bellybands before. They are expensive and I like my washclothes much better. They are inexpensive and washable, and they aren't bulky --- plus they look better. And, I know if I have them under any clothes that my dog wears - you don't even know they're there.

**** Use these a few days at home before you go anywhere. You'll get used to using them and will be amazed how well they work.

Good luck!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!