View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Bebe8
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Really frustrated with training and not listening to me

I tried to find other helpful information on here and on other sites about training my 6 year old female yorkie. I have had her since a puppy so over 6 years and I have finally come to my wits end with this dog. At first she was super hyper so to remedy that I sent her to doggy day care where she ran around with other dogs for the day. I did that until she was about 2 years old and started to calm down. I then brought another yorkie a male to join us which they played together and it was great. I have had him for almost 3 years and he is PERFECT! He listens to me, comes when commanded, doesn't whine or cry or bark at all! I walk them twice a day (at night a mile walk when it's cool out) and spend play time with them in the evenings 30 mins to an hour. With these two I have spent thousands of dollars and time training them with in the last 9 months. I am at wits end with the girl and for about 4 months now I have been contemplating giving her up. What is making feel this way is my new work schedule. I work from home now so I think she thinks since mommy is home, it's to play/hang with her. I have them with me at all times at home so I have them in beds in my home office where I work from. I can't put them in another room because they will bark non stop until they are with me. I had her at a board and train for about 2 weeks and it was the best two weeks I have had since starting to work from home. She whines and wimpers which totally breaks my deep concentration which is needed for my line of work. I am using a static collar which I used to be totally against (still kinda am) and it's does not always do the trick with out hurting her. It makes me so sad to see her when I have to use the static :'( The ugly and angry is coming out of me because I am so frustrated. The poor male thinks I am mad or shouting at him.. I just don't know what to do. I have had her her entire life and I would hate to break her heart to give her up to a nearby family member of mine...

Any helpful or encouraging, or any other moms/dads that had the same situation as me that might have some kind of advice please.
Bebe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!