View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
theevieempire
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebB73 View Post
Posted Today at 11:03 PM by DebB73

Hi! My name is Deb, and just found this site. I am very excited to know this is here to share with others and be able to inquire as well. To start with, I am a registered nurse and looking forward to retiring. My husband is retired from the Army. We had a micro yorkie that we lost about 2 years ago now. Her name was "sassy". When born she had several birth defects and the breeder was going to euthanize her. I took her instead. She had alopecia and the only place she had hair was the top of her head and the front of her legs. We later discovered that she had grand mal seizures due to having hepatic encephalopathy, which is equivalent to people having hepatitis C. So she was on a strict, no meat protein diet, and had to take medication 3 times a day to keep the ammonia levels down in her blood to prevent her from having seizures. She was the light of our life. We were told she would not live past 2-3 years old. Sassy lived with us for almost 15 years. So for Christmas this past year, we enlightened our lives again. We now have a 10 month old that is a tea cup and his name is Chip. We feel so very blessed to be owned by him. Now that retirement is around the corner, I have a new goal to raise these precious little beings. We aren't rich people, but comfortable. I would like to find a mate for my little stud. We do live in the very center of Kansas. So, if anyone knows of a reputable breeder that doesn't want an arm or leg for a little girl, I would love to hear from them. I do want to make sure that I can register my puppies and provide the new homes with pedigrees as well.
Chip is sitting here on my lap and we are both excited with anticipation of a site like this. In the past we have been scammed and are very cautious about meeting and seeing the new potential member to our family. God Bless to all.
Hi Deb,
As a vet I want to start by thanking your husband for serving and for you supporting him, I know that's not an easy job.
Welcome to you and Chip. I think that was a beautiful thing you did taking in and caring for Sassy - I'm sure she lived a life full of love to make it that long!
I will tell you, once you have two of them you will never again be able to have just one. They are positively amazing as duos or more.
There's lots of posts with info and tips on breeders here. I'm on the east coast so I'm not of much help with a KS reference lol.
I wish you luck in your search to "expand" - I will guarantee when you find the right lil one you won't be disappointed!
theevieempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!