Thread: RIP Jeff
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
A friend of ours died in a plane crash on Friday here in AZ. He loved to fly so much - it was his passion. It was while he was flying his beloved WWII P51 Mustang that something went wrong; we don't yet know what caused the crash.

Please send some good thoughts to his loved ones, especially his kids. RIP sweet man - hope you're flying high above the clouds!

Names released of passenger, pilot killed in AZ plane crash - CBS 5 - KPHO
Ann I am so very sorry to hear this....my brother is a pilot....always adored flying his entire life.....been flying since he was 16 years old....my dad was a Navy pilot in WWII.....I am surrounded by pilots and how much they adore flying....I am so sorry for your friend and his family....the ONE thing you and his friends and family can most assuredly console yourselves with, he died doing something he adored....he ate, slept, lived, and breathed.....FLYING!!!
Pilots all seem to learn about those flying brothers that are lost.....my brother will surely hear of his accident.....when these flying "band of brothers" learn of one they have lost, they all say a silent acknowledgement and a tip of their hat, to the flyer that has gone on.....

What was the name of his beloved P51? That will be another tribute that will be noted, probably by the ......I think it is called the Confederate Pilots Assoc....or something like that....we will watch for any salutes/notifications/etc and I will let you know.....again, I am terribly sorry for the loss of this man, your family friend.....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!