View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #8
emmalee1489
Yorkie Talker

Yorkiemom1 is exactly right. I slept in the living room last night since he had taken the dog in the room again. He was not happy about that either. I just don't know what to do about this situation. I don't want to leave him and ruin our future over this dog, but I'm lost because it feels like he's defending her over me & baby. I worry about when the baby is in my arms instead of my stomach, or even her attacking the baby to "guard" her property.

@canna -- I don't think daytime would be a problem. She loves me the rest of the day and is always excited that I might be taking her out or giving her treats. The problem seems to be only at night.

@KairaPup -- Her bed was about 3 feet from the bed, I think she was just guarding him. He moved our sides of the bed around so I have the side closer to the door now, but I'm still worried if that will be enough. She actually runs from her bed very ferociously and attacks my feet, so it's an instant and quick type of attack, it's not like she just growls or shows teeth or something. Luckily she hasn't actually sunk a tooth in yet but now I'm starting to wonder if she "got me" if that'd help him realize the severity of her attacks. He does use the exact phrases of "NO!" and "go to your bed" but that's all the 'discipline' she gets, even the times she has attacked me..
emmalee1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!