View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

The only time I do fecal or urine is if I have an issue. I have never done bortadella, but I understand that's necessary in NYC. Core vaccines should only be done every three years (or longer). I had Katie's blood titered for two years ( validity of results may be questionable). Since she is six, at her last exam I asked her veterinarian if I should give her a booster shot. He told me it was safer not to give her the vaccine, and after checking her titer results from the year before, he told me it was unnecessary to titer her this year. He carefully looked at her vet records when I got Katie at the age of three, particularly looking to see she had been properly immunized as a puppy. He told me he has not had a dog in his practice have parvovirus if they were properly immunized as a puppy in the almost twenty years he has been there. With the exception of my two years without a dog, I have gone to his practice all those years, and he has more than earned my trust. I prefer to have blood work done every year.

http://files.dvm360.com/alfresco_ima...nnual_exam.pdf

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!