View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
For me, I'd probably forgo the fecal and urine unless I thought there was a specific issue surrounding either of those. More than anything during an annual, I want heart/lungs/teeth/knees/back/neck/organs checked over and/or palpated and then blood chem profile done. When pets are younger, some vets are fine doing blood work every other year too. Oh, and heartworm test of course.

If you want cheaper vaccines, look for vax clinics and/or shelters that offer clinics.

Thanks for the advice. The vaccines are actually the cheapest I have found around the area and that includes the local shelter and low income clinics.

Unfortunately, I live in a high COL area and my Vet along with some other ones in the area don't do package deals. Only Vaccine Packages but since I won't need the rabies shot it isn't cost effective.

If the Urine and Fecal tests aren't necessary that would save me a lot in money. I just wasn't sure if that was something I could skip unless the doctor felt there was an issue. Reading blogs some suggested getting urine and fecal tests done yearly.

I won't skip the blood work that is too important to me.
aweitzm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!