View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #31
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeD View Post
I have owned several dogs in my life. As a child it seemed like we got new dogs all the time until we got our Fox Terrier. He was amazing at learning tricks. My husband bought me a dog when we were dating, A husky. She was honestly a disaster for me as far as training, but I learned a lot with her and if not for her I might not be the dog person I am now. We had her for her entire life of 11 years. She did teach me more than I can even imagine.

The puppies are doing well in their training, but still a long way to go. They step up on stools. I can catch the girl puppy in the air when she jumps. This is mine and her "special" trick that she only does with me. It is actually harder to train them because I never have one on one time with them with 4 dogs being in the house. They do sit, down, up, reach (stretch up with their paws). A few others. I keep trying to add more things but keep up with the current ones as well.
Oh lucky you! I've wanted a dog since I was a child! When we got one from the pound, it was a disaster because we obviously didn't know how to train dogs back then. The doggie would jump onto our dinner table and pee every time we went out. Haha.. it's only funny now. Had to take him back to the pound, it was sad

And then in high school, we got a dog from a friend who's dog had puppies and they wanted to 'get rid of them'. The poor puppy was taken away from her mother at like 6 weeks I think, and again, we didn't know any better. She grew up biting us all the time and wanting to run away from us every time we took her for walks it was so sad. Luckily, a better family adopted her and managed to train her up really well.

Shortly afterwards, while still in high school (I think), we bought a puppy from the pet store, a time we were all still ignorant about puppy mills. She was an angel and we loved her as part of our family for a good 19 years. Couldn't believe it when she had to leave us...

That catch her in the air trick sounds cool! You should make a video of it
I've watched a couple Youtube videos about training multiple dogs and was happy to find out it's very doable (because I am planning on getting a second pup)! This girl Kikopup shows how she does it, which I'm planning on trying out when/if I get another puppy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfRrBH_beX8
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!