View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Some of the doggie treat sticks can cause obstruction if too many are consumed...watch her for bloating, decreased BM's, a general sign of not feeling well....

In the lines of those nasty chews and rawhide treats.......

Long ago, I sold a young retired female to a family with 6 children (dont do that anymore, I stay away from kids!)....she was a larger female 8 lbs....beautiful, healthy, active, wonderful loving young lady....within 5 days, this dog was returned to me, carried in a cardboard box, passing bloody stools, blood covering my gorgeous lady, wild eyed, twitching, terrified....the kids had apparently fed that gorgeous, beautiful lady, bags of chew treats...they said Greenies, but I dont know what the hell they gave her.....she was bleeding from severly irritated bowels.....I made two changes following THAT disaster:
1) Never sell to families with kids!
2) All Rosehill Breeders will live, retire, and die here with me!

My gorgeous, precious lady received the medical care she needed, and then remained here with me until she crossed over Rainbow Bridge years later....it took her months to recover from the emotional and physical trauma those "wild house apes" inflicted on her, and I have never forgiven myself for ever putting her in harms way. My father always said, " 'Stupid' is making the same mistake TWICE"....THAT is a mistake I have not and will not ever repeat!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 02-02-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!