View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Good luck! These are some of the most stubborn dogs known to man, and believe me, as a Taurus myself, I know stubborn!

Teek ran out the door on Christmas (right before we sat down to dinner) and wouldn't come and I had to chase him, in my Christmas outfit, up a muddy dirt road for 1/2 a mile! He finally got tired and I was able to grab him. Of course he ran through every single mud puddle too. LOL

Rowan will get out and he will run back and forth across our very busy street and scare me half to death!

Raksha is the only one of my yorkies that listens although every once in a while she gets it in her head to run off and off she goes and she is the fastest of the bunch.

Mine are all on leash, but sometimes they do run out the door like that on accident. We had to install a gate on our porch so if they get out they can't just run out in the road and it helps a lot, but they do sometimes still get out. Teek getting out happened at a relative's house when other relatives were bringing in gifts.

I hope you can train him. I would suggest a 30 foot training lead and teach him to come back while attached to that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!