View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:50 PM   #14
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I am also thinking the owner does not want to let the breeder know he is reselling. I would think the breeder would take back the pup but not return the money, or at least not most of it. He probably doesn't want to take the chance to tell the breeder in case she doesn't give back at least the $1000 he is looking to get back. Then the breeder would know and per the contract (if it's in the contract) she'd be in her right to get the pup back.

Which leads me to think, perhaps the breeder is not a reputable one and he doesn't want the pup to go back to her? Reputable breeders RARELY have pups available for Christmas. And we all know puppies make terrible Christmas gifts anyway.

Or, the owner could be the breeder and is lying about rehoming.

If it were me, I'd be extremely careful. Depending on where you live, $1000 can buy you a pup from a reputable breeder, so I wouldn't spend that kind of money if there's a chance the breeder isn't reputable or the pup is from a mill.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!