View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Claire2014
Yorkie Talker

Default My gorgeous Molly

My gorgeous yorkie cross Molly had to be put to sleep today. She was only one years old, I had only had her since last April. She was rescued from a pound.

I posted on here in August 2014 when I lost my beautiful yorkie Dilly very suddenly.

I kept meaning to post that I had got Molly last April and how much she was helping me get over the loss of Dilly, not a replacement obviously, but a gorgeous little one in her own right who had the same determined spirit and loving ways as Dilly. I still hadn't got around to it, we were just so busy enjoying her and our other dogs now she is gone and I'm back writing on this forum, in this section, in complete shock as to what has happened.

Molly was a healthy, happy little girl, full of energy and eager to dish out kisses and play.

Yesterday was my sons 8th Birthday, we went for breakfast, we were only gone an hour. When we got home Molly was covered in blood I rushed her to vets and discovered she had been bit very badly in her stomach. One of my other dogs Annie, a beddlington terrier was always cuddled up with Molly, they slept together and if they weren't sleeping they we're playing or up to mischief together. I don't know why but for some reason they had a fight, Annie had a bite above her eye and Molly unfortunately this awful wound in her tummy.

I had a roller coaster time at the vets, one minute she was ok, next they thought she was brain damaged, then turned out she wasn't. I spent hours with her in the critical care unit. She started to improve and my hopes were up, willing her on. Unfortunately after this blood tests showed she was dealing with quite a few different issues internally, the most worrying was trauma to her kidneys and liver. My vets were brilliant, they had a whole treatment plan in place but after repeating bloods the kidney and liver function was deteriorating. She was also in pain despite being on such high pain medicine. She was fighting her best though, she had got through the shock and certain areas where improving, she really tried her best to make it through but her kidneys and liver were going.

I had to make the awful decision for the vet to kindly let her go. It took me so long sitting there to finally be able to tell him to do it. He said without it she would have suffered for another 24 - 48 hours and then would be experiencing all sorts of terribly things. I couldn't put her through that,I wanted to let her fight on and was willing her to survive but knew that wasn't the kindest thing for Molly.

So now her I am, back in this section, in complete shock. My other two dogs are also I shock I think and poor Annie is really not herself. I can't blame her. The vet said she wouldn't have meant to have hurt her how she did. They were both rescue dogs and both had food issues so I think may have found something that they then fought over but guess I will never know really.

I have to tell our son tomorrow, It was his party today which I had to leave in the middle of to go to the vets. I couldn't come back and tell him. I was worried he'd forever link this to his birthday.

I lost my Nan the end of December, I had to have one of my rabbits put to sleep on New Year's Day and now this today with Molly. I was only just able to look at Dilly's photo (the dog I lost In august 2014) without crying and thinking of happy times instead. I've no idea now I'm going to cope when this hits me. I am just devastated.

I love you so much my gorgeous Molly, hope Dilly's looking after you up there x x x
Claire2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!