View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #11
tracey0223
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Agree, yes she is a mix of yorkie and maltese which are both in the TOY group according to the AKC. It can get confusing be there is a TERRIER group also, which yorkies are Yorkshire Terriers, but officially they are in the TOY group.

But mixed breed dogs are a crap shoot. Even within on litter, some of the pups can look more yorkie, others more maltese, and some an even mix. You truly would not know until they have matured.

But I'm confused, OP. You said another lady adopted her from a pet shop, then you got her at 14 weeks? That sounds like she bought her. How did you come to own her?

PS I would not put much trust into papers from a pet shop. They are known to give false papers, or wrong info, or papers from registries other than AKC, which are not worth the paper they are printed on.

I came to own Bella by placing an ad on Craigslist looking for a small dog. We had an adoption all set up for a mini dash hound but that fell through. The woman that owned Bella contacted me through my add. She said she had her for 2 weeks but was not able to keep her due to her school/work schedule and she also had a 2 year old daughter. Before I could adopt her the lady, well she was a young girl, maybe early 20's wanted to know about me. What kind of environment she was going to be living in, pics of my house, etc. I almost didn't get her. She was waiting on another lady to call her by a certain time and she never did and I was next in line. I can't imagine my life without her now.

Last edited by tracey0223; 01-31-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
tracey0223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!