View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
Cindy_17
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I read this post the day it was posted and have not been able to get it out of my mind. First I commend you for not giving up and seeking help. This pups behavior, I personally think, has to do with jealousy and lack of attention. Truthfully the jealousy has probably sparked because of the lack of attention. Others that have stated that their could be a small medical problem are spot on as well.

When you get a puppy it is a life time commitment, it's not the latest fad and when you get tired of it you discard it, that seriously bothers me with people. You see it all the time, people get a pup and are all giddy for the first little while then next thing you know they have gotten rid of it, only to turn around a few months later and get another dog. This dog has feelings, this dog is probably heart broken, she was #1 then a new family member came in (which sounds like the pup openly accepted) but now Mom is not feeling it. I KNOW circumstances changes in people's lives, lord knows I have had many turns of events in my own life from time to time, but our dogs are our family, not to be discarded on a whimsy, it just aggravates me! I cannot ever imagine saying I do not feel like being Prelsey or Holly's mom anymore...no way, not ever!

This baby needs attention because her life changed when the baby came home, if that cannot be done and you decide to give her up, please do not turn her to a kill shelter or place her in the first takers home, please seek out someone to help you place this baby in a FOREVER home, someone that will cherish this baby. This whole situation of bad behavior is not the fault of the furbaby.

I know the feeling of being a new mother and loving my children, I know how exhausting a new baby can be, been there twice, I had a furbaby when both my kids were babies, in no reason is the behavior you listed a reason to give up the fur member of your family but if your wife has emotionally checked out, a loving home is what this furbaby needs...that being said, your wife might want to start preparing for teenage years with your skin children NOW, it's not walk in the park. The baby is cute and sweet and perfect right now, rest assured that WILL change. A dog peeing on the floor and barking is much easier to contend with compared to teenagers that know everything and try you on every turn. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!