View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You see the behavior that you see in your little boy because the breeder separated this baby about 4-6 weeks too early from momma. Your little girl was with her momma and she was taught by her momma, the necessary things a momma teaches her pups so they are well rounded, well mannered, and they develop into balanced, stabilized adults. Your little male has not been taught how to mature into a responsible, well rounded, well mannered little man.....this is now your responsibility! He is doing everything a baby does, but he has no momma to teach him how far he will be allowed to go. That is a delicate balancing ritual, so that baby is not overly aggressive, nor is baby "submissive and cowardly". One of my greatest pleasures, is watching/studying my mommas actually teach their little ones how to behave...how to react, how to be assertive, but not vicious....how to be respectful of other dogs.....hundreds of lessons and behaviors momma teaches her babies....and that all happens from 6 weeks through 14 weeks. It is really so fascinating to watch how Mother Nature instinctively motivates mommas to teach and correct and love their babies, in order to make them well rounded, emotionally stable babies that grow into great adults. It is one of the saddest things in my mind, when these babies are pulled way too early from their mommas, by people that do not understand WHY babies should remain with mommas as long as reputable breeders leave them with their mommas...they miss out on so much. Our mommas will tell us very plainly and clearly, when they are finished with their job, and left to nurture as it was meant to be, her babies are easily 12-14 weeks old....I have one momma who adores her babies and will stay with them until I let them go to their new homes, even if it is 4-5 months old....she tends to them, and checks on them, and supervises them as they play and interact with the other dogs.........it is stunning to watch!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!