Thread: Destructive
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #11
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I have been lucky in the toy area. They mostly just play with their toys. Once in a while they will sit down and completely destroy one toy at random but then they won't destroy another for weeks or even months. I do have some really nice "teething" dog toys that I added to an Amazon order I was already placing and got them fairly cheap and they are holding up well. One is a set of keys that look similar to baby toy keys but are actual dog toys. They have held up through the puppies from day one.

If you can try to give him a toy and play with it with him and take it away when he starts destroying it maybe? I don't get upset when my randomly just destroy a toy, I just throw it away or pull out the squeaker and the rest of the stuffing and leave them the empty body to play with.

Mine will chew any kind of paper they can get to and chewed all the corners of a photo album I had out (in their reach) and other things. They have tried to chew other things and normally I say NO and take it away and put it out of their reach and they mostly seem to get it. Mine are quite young though so they are still learning. Teek luckily does not chew things, except trash, he loves trash.

Good luck and just keep trying. I did use some bitter apple when they were little and starting to chew on cabinets and other things. It has to be applied often though.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!