View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #19
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I really do thank you all for the wonderful concern and resulting input/suggestions for a wonderful cat for my son. I am in the middle of having dental work done.....MAJOR dental work done, HUGE bucks, so we are taking our time getting the right cat breed for him. There was a cat show here in the area, and I had a breeder bringing an adorable short hair cat....then I had a mess up with elevated blood pressure in the dental office, and that threw up road blocks and caused full stops in my treatment....we were not able to get to the cat show to get the kitten. When we get the kitten, whatever it is, it has to be very loving and attention loving breed.....I do not know how in the world we have ever managed to stumble on cats that have worked perfectly for our situation....they have all be very loving and wonderful, attention seeking cats-more-like-a-dog pets. OMG! A hairless cat!! Have I really died and gone to heaven???!!! I have to check those out! As much as I am NOT a cat lover, I have never been unkind to them....and they have never been allowed to run loose outside....strictly indoor animals......Jimmy's cat Stacie had never been outside, and she lived a wonderful, long, loving life, perfectly well adjusted and loving....couldnt have asked for a more perfect, well suited "therapy animal" for Jimmy, and I cried every bit as much as Jimmy did when Stacie died. I am making a list of the cat breeds all of you have been kind enough to suggest/mention, and I am looking closely at all of them......I am liking these hairless cats, as regardless of how much you love them and fool with them, the cats I am familiar with shed hair.....and since the cat is not allowed outside at all, hairless will not be an outside environmental/weather issue for the cat! Thank you all for your suggestions....I am completely stupefied about cat breeds and I appreciate all the input you have been kind enough to spend time educating me about! I am making lists and learning about each breed!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!