Thread: Counsel Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I have not ever made it a practice of speaking badly against a specific breeder, however there are practices that I do not go along with. I do not believe a yorkie puppy should leave momma until at least 12 weeks of age....I keep mine until ALL puppy shots are given and a week has passed to be certain there is NO issues from the final shot given, so my babies go out at 15 weeks of age. Shots given prior to 8 weeks of age are useless....puppy is still covered with mommas immunity at that age....so first shot at 8 weeks of age, second shot at 11 weeks of age, third in the series at 14 weeks of age. I personally would not accept a puppy that has had TWO puppy shots by the time it is 9 weeks old....way, way too young.

8-14 weeks of age is when we really begin to run into issues with puppies, if there are going to be any. That is why most casual "breeders" dump babies at 6-8 weeks of age....they escape having to finance the really expensive part of a baby's young life....those expenses and concerns for "early childhood diseases" become YOUR problem.....parvo is a real issue and 6-14 weeks of age is when this disease is a very real concern for babies.....in my opinion, you are stepping off into a mine field getting this baby, essentially unvaccinated since anything BEFORE 8 weeks of age is null and void.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 01-20-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!