View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Best thing I have ever done! In March of last year we were given first pick of the litter of pups. My daughter actually got to pick the puppy but my husband and I fell in love with a different puppy. So, in May we brought home 2 puppies, brother and sister. Rowan and Raksha. They play and wrestle and sleep together (during the day) and they are so much fun!

If given the chance I would do it again for sure. We did get them fixed as soon as they turned 6 months old because I did not want to worry about them breeding. I would highly recommend getting one of them fixed for sure as early as you can so you don't end up with sibling puppies.

They are so much fun and they are very close, but do take them places without each other. My daughter house sat most of the summer and took her puppy with her so they were apart for days and weeks at a time. They can become so bonded that they can't do anything apart from each other, which is the only down side I really see (aside from an accidental mating, which I already addressed). Mine are fun and loving.

Just last night I looked up and there was Rowan just standing like a normal dog on all 4's and Raksha is standing on her hing legs with her front paws on Rowan's back. I ask her if she is trying to hump her brother but doesn't know what to do and she just looks at me. Rowan moves and so she walks with him. They looked like circus dogs and I could not stop laughing at them! This went on for about 3 minutes and then she got down. They do not hump each other and they get along great.

If you do choose to bring home 2 puppies at once I hope you know what puppy playing sounds like as opposed to fighting because mine never fought but sometimes the sounds were like they were going to kill each other and they were only playing. At 10 months old they get along great! Raksha sleeps with my daughter and Rowan sleeps with us in our bed and our almost 10 year old Yorkie, whom the puppies adopted as their older brother and they love him. My mom has their younger brother (from another litter) and they love to go visit him and play with him as well.

Good luck if you get them both, we adore ours!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!