View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie2015 View Post
Sounds like everyone had very different experiences with potty training. Is potty pad a temperary solution until dog learns to do their thing outside for everyone? We plan on keeping our Minnie peeing/pooping on pad just bc we are both working parents, cold winters and no doggie door.
This is what I do, simply because I have so many dogs and I want to be absolutely certain I am able to monitor urine color and poo consistancy, for each dog. If someone has loose stools, or constipated stools, or some weird item shows up in stools (worms, tissue paper, fuzz from toys, perhaps some pebble or object from outside that some squirrel may have dropped running thru the yard, etc....or bloody stools/blood tinged stools, I will catch it almost immediately. I have a couple that love to EAT dog poo they find outside....I know who the nasty eaters are, but I have a problem determining WHO's poo they find so tasty, so I can back track and determine if I have fed something that is so good, it is even delicious going back thru a second time! I can monitor bathroom activity so much closer if everyone is using a pee pad inside....

AND ABSOLUTELY NO DOGGIE DOOR! NO unsupervised romps around the back yard....like bad kids, these buggers LOOK for trouble to get into! I swear a squirrel had picked a tangerine off my tree, and was eating it, sitting on the fence....3 dogs were underneath where the squirrel was sitting 12 feet up high on the new wooden fence....that squirrel actually threw peelings at the dogs and they went nuts!!)

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 01-17-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!