View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #12
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
OMG!!! What an undertaking for you and what a trauma for this little darling. Get started IMMEDIATELY so you dont loose this enfant!
FORMULA.....
You MUST get calories into this baby....calories keep him alive and thriving....this is the "gasoline for his engine".

8 oz JUST BORN MILK FORMULA with COLOSTRUM
4 oz PEDIALYTE
1 RAW EGG YOLK
1/2 cup KEFIR MILK (may substitute 1/2 cup LIVE CULTURE PLAIN YOGURT)
3 tbsp. Dr. Millers Nutra Drops (may substitute ViDaylin Pediatric Vitamins
without IRON)

This formula delivers 14-16 calories/cc, which the baby needs to keep it alive. You need to weigh the baby and give 1cc/oz of weight. You can add this warm formula over a canned baby food (Royal Canin has baby mousse for babies that are weaning from momma, and is excellent) If baby is weaker and not eating you will need to tube feed the baby....

If the baby is sucking WELL from a bottle, then you can bottle feed....if baby is too weak to nurse, or just wont take the NECESSARY amount of formula, you need to tube feed the correct amount. Have your vet show you how to do this correctly, and if they hem-haw and dont want to show you how, go on line and watch videos...it is super easy to do and the most efficient way to get REQUIRED nutrition into this baby. You will have to get the feeding tube from a vet.....if you do not have a vet that is as determined to save this baby as you are, you will have to order the necessary feeding tubes on line. (I am praying this baby is sucking well from a baby bottle, because people just do not want to go this extra mile and tube feed....)Depending on how much you are getting the baby to drink, you will need to feed warm formula every 3-4 hours, around the clock. Baby MUST get at least 1cc for every oz of his body weight.

If this baby is not kept warm, body will shut down.....put a heating pad UNDER the bed you have this baby in, on one end of the box....baby is old enough to move off the warm end of the box if he gets too warm....you have a heating pad on low, under the box, then the cardboard box, then soft baby blanket.....I put one of those bean bag things you heat up in the microwave to use on your sore muscles in your neck, for baby to curl up next to for added warmth and comfort....keep this entire thing draft free and warm, around 80*-86*....

You have age on your side...baby is not a newborn, so this is good!

This will get you started and is absolutely necessary steps....you have to be committed and determined to keep this baby alive.....that will get you half way there! You can email me at ladyofrosehill@aol.com, with any clarification or questions......
Judy there is a special place in heaven for you as you always come through with expert advice to help these wee little babies. Thank you for being the caring, loving lady that you are. BTW I just LOVE your quirky sense of humor lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!