View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
sarahdriley
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Yorkies View Post
I'm so sorry for this poor little guy! What has he had to eat the prior 2 days? I would think he's dehydrated. At this point, and after 2 days without Mom. He needs subQ fluids from the vet. Once hes stable, at 4 weeks, I grind the kibble and add milk repacement to make a mush, but getting fluids is important at this point. Keep him warm, and use nutri-Cal.
He has been very slowly eating formula since losing mama but he hates the bottle and is only just learning to lick (very clumsily). He was the biggest in the litter nd is using the restroom regularly so it would seem he is geing enough but since I am very inexerienced I can help but feel it isnt enough (he is eating about 5cc's every hour). Which leads to another question. I dont waan him to get hypoglycemic so I aam trying to offer him formula every hour or so but he takes in so little. Should I instead be waiting to feed him every three hours so he will drink more? He is 1lb 6oz so he should be getting about 22cc's every 3 hours right? His tummy is really round, should I get a dewormer or is that too much right now?
sarahdriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!