Thread: Crying for???
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

Oh my, this sounds like my furbaby, Kimchi. She cries over anything she's not happy with as well as, of course, discomfort. Sometimes when we can figure what she wants and give it to her or provide it in some way, she'll chill out, but then other times it seems like no matter what we do, she's not happy. I've had to learn the difference between her discomfort to her displeasure >_<
Lots of people laugh, and even me a lot of times, at how drama this yorkie is. I tell folks in a both serious but funny manner that "y'all just don't know!", meaning they just don't know how drama she is, lol She is definitely a "sensitive" yorkie. Our whole family has never had a dog that acted this way. But mind you she's got tons of other good points that more than make up for it, of course ^_~... one big one is being so friggin cute! >_<;; Believe it or not, she's actually gotten better about what she cries over. A lot of times we believe she's just "milking it", my fault really as I used to jump to her every cry/call in her first year. I had to learn to ignore it sometimes (though hard as it may be T_T). It's true, they train you, not you them.
My girl in her baby days cried over falling/tripping over herself, being petted "too firmly", or being kept from going where she wanted to go or wanted to do. If she was "too cold" she'll start crying. It took me a long time not to jump and come to her whenever she cried or "called" (acting/sounded like she's hurt when I know she isn't). She eventually learned to start coming to me when she wants the attention.
But even now, heaven forbid you ignore her presence, especially when she's acknowledging yours (like when any of us in the family comes home after along day, she'll be all happy and greeting like but you better pet her or something >_> or she'll make such noise!). I once did that cause I had lots of groceries to put up and she gave me an indignant cry, very loudly.
I can't pay too much attention to anything else when she's right there. If I'm either trying to pay attention to our older jack russell, Chloe, or give my mother a back rub and Kimchi will start crying >_<; I can be right next to her and trying to watch TV or be on my phone and she'll start whining/crying if she's in that mood. She's also the only dog I know that can draw out a whine for literally 10+ seconds or as much as her breath will allow... as in there's no pause. Also, she'll start to huff or sniffle before she starts to "cry" X_x; So yes, I have a somewhat sensitive yorkie >_<;
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!