View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #5
anniemm
Yorkie Yakker

I have researched her and spoken with the breeder. The Vet said it is because of the high estrogen. I only have 3 females and 1 intact male. I also have an old golden retriever and an old dachshund/Poodle and they are both neutered.
Olivia only has trouble with one of the girls. Today I separated Olivia from the rest. She is now in my office where I spend a lot of time. She sits with me when I am on the computer every night. She seems to want my attention and isn't really interested in being with the others. She seems a lot calmer now and I let my male play with her for awhile this afternoon. They were my first two and they like being together. She is used to not being with the others because she was separated for her heat time.
She will sleep in my room from now on so she isn't alone at night. My other pups sleep in the kitchen downstairs.
She is very good with the new puppy and with my male. She loves my two older neutered males. It is just this one female. Maybe because the other female is bigger and intimidates her or maybe she is just jealous or maybe because the other female is submissive. Whatever the reason I am going to be sure they are not together again.
My other two females get along fine together.
I wasn't trying to punish them when I put them in their crate. I did it so they could have some time to calm down. I don't use their crate for discipline. It is their safe place.
Thank you for the feedback!
anniemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!