Thread: Pricing
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 06:30 AM   #9
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have seen posts on here from people that do not breed yorkies, contribute to the conversation what THEY consider an "acceptable and appropriate" price for a Yorkie. The problem with that information is, if someone is not actively involved in breeding and all the "necessary extras" reputable breeders insist on doing in order to produce the best quality, healthiest, most excellent temperaments that are supposed to be ingrained in a Yorkie's breeding and make-up, so that new owners are not spending thousands of dollars trying to save the life of a new puppy, or medical expenses to correct genetic problems, they have NO idea what all that preventative breeding/upkeep/maintainance costs! REPUTABLE breeders/show breeders do NOT make money hand over fist, raking in thousands of dollars, on puppies.....we seldom break even. My breeding stock are all retired Grand Champions, and Champions, from Europe, Canada, and the USA.....these dogs ran me 4-8 thousand dollars, and that was 15 years ago. My expenses for my dogs run me over $35,000.00-$40,000.00/year. I sell my babies from $2000.00-$3000.00. Multiply an average of 4 puppies per litter, 3-4 litters/year, and that is usually just breaking even with my expenses. I am sharing this information NOT to justify my prices of my babies,(the quality and health of my puppies are all the justification I need) but just so people can understand what it costs to produce healthy, well bred, well adjusted puppies if they choose to do so. Unless you are in this, DOING IT CORRECTLY, you can not even begin to imagine the time and effort and money that go into producing HEALTHY dogs! And, KUDDOS to those wonderful, reputable SHOW breeders that are spending thousands of dollars and tons of time involved in showing their dogs....I could not afford to do it, plus I could not live on the road, showing dogs all over the country and world!!!

If people would rather spend $800.00 on purchasing a puppy, then spending $5000.00 trying to correct health issues, or even trying to save the sick/dying puppy, only to have it die on them, that is their own choice.....as my uncle used to say, "You buys your ticket, you pays your price for what you get."

I often have people ask me how much my puppies are, and OMG! they had not planned on spending THAT much....I always tell them, if you are dealing with a reputable breeder, someone that will stand behind her puppies, you are SAVING money paying up front for the healthy, well adjusted, beautiful baby.....you dont have parvo and worms and mange, genetic malformations, and all the variety of diseases, some life threatening, that you may encounter with a puppy from a breeder that will not even return your phone calls after your check clears the bank.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!