View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
anniemm
Yorkie Yakker

Default Hyper Estrogenism

Hello,
It seems I only post when I am having an issue but I assure you I have wonderful days with my babies too.
My first girl Olivia just had her first heat. She was terrible with the other pups and I had to keep her separated the whole time. When she was at about 30 days I decided to take her to the Vet because her nipples had swelled and weren't going down. She was also acting off. Good thing I did as she had a vaginitis and I was told she had hyper-estrogenism which caused the vaginitis and the swelling and her attitude. She was on an antibiotic and I took her to be rechecked. I was told she was getting better and her attitude should change. Well she has been back with the others but is still having issues with one of my other females. It is very scary when they go at it. I am afraid one of them will get hurt or worse. When they act up I seperate them and they each go in their crate. I just don't know what to do. when she goes into her next heat she will be bred with my male and when she is done she will be fixed. We are hoping this will take care of the problem. I love her so much and don't want to rehome her. Has anyone been through this and what did you do? Thank you Anne
anniemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!