View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_17 View Post
I talked to the vets office this morning and they told me they are having major problems with fleas. She said I could give Capstar immediately and then put them on Bravecta, but I can't start it for at least a couple of weeks due to me putting frontline on them Dec. 28. Do you know anything about Capstar or Bravecta? I have never used these products...blah!
Bravecta is relatively new. This article says the active ingredient is "fluralaner, a new ectoparasiticide belonging to the isoxazoline group." Never heard of it.

Merck Releases 12-Week Flea, Tick Medicine - Veterinary Practice News - May 2014

Teddy sends his sympathy for Presley and Holly. He is highly allergic to fleas. I don't know what we are going to do this year because Frontline does not seem to do anything. We tried a couple other topical preventatives and Teddy reacted negatively to them.

We had a couple fleas last year. Rinsing Teddy in apple cider vinegar/water mix at the end of his bath helped.

I had never seen a flea in the first 42 - 43 years of my life. Now they seem to be a big problem everywhere.

Last edited by Maximo; 01-08-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!