View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #14
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
there are tons of warm stuff for dogs every where and if your pup is hard to fit, try ETSY or some of the sewers listed on here. But I think the biggest challenge in keeping them warm if there is snow, ice or rain is through their feet and belly. Most clothing does not cover their belly or their feet. There are shoes for dogs but most dogs have trouble walking in them. I tried Lola in a pair but she walked so poorly I was afraid she was going to twist a leg while trying to learn. Lola tolerates the cold real well, but once we get snow here we stop walking because even in the heaviest coat her feet and underbody get wet and cold. Unless it is single digits she goes out to potty naked because it does not bother her and she comes back inside in around 3 min or less.
I'll bet her shoes were too big for her! When I first got Uni's boots she was charted at a size 3, but when I got them they were too big and came off easily. We switched to a size 2 and she learned very quickly in them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!