View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #5
Mayzoo
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
Wow! That is truly impressive and indeed a wonderful skill; she is obviously one bright little gal and you're doing a great job of training! Just an idea...I made Piper a leash and for the hand loop I glued about 2" wide elastic to the inside and measured it to fit snuggly over my hand. Of course I still hold onto leash, but should I lose grip, the loop of the leash remains secure around my wrist; in fact, I sort of have to wiggle my hand to slide loop off, but it's quite comfortable. Anyway, just a thought (having dropped leash in a parking lot and barely stepping on it in time)...
We took a 6 foot leash and modified it for kiddo and Mario. One long four foot section clips from her belt loop on her pants to Mario's harness. Then a two foot offshoot section attached almost in the middle and has a handle she can hold and "control" Mario with. This way should she drop the leash unexpectedly, he is still attached to her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!