View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

At one time I had a pack of 3 girls. all 3 years apart, the first 2 were not spayed, the 3rd was, they all got along great. Of course the last one , the smallest one was the bossy one. There was NEVER a fight, never a growl between them. Their food dishes were all lined up, they ate side by side, never a prob. they all had their own place to sit next to me, if one sat where she was not supposed to she would get a staring glare from the other one and would move to her spot lol. They were excellent girls. They were all well socialized with all dogs. When I had just the one girl, she was 3 when I bought home her new sister, it did take about 3 weeks before the older finely got off the sofa for a full body sniff,it took the older one about 5 weeks to interact with the baby. Now I had 2 older ones, 6 and 3 when I bought home the 3rd one. Same reaction from now 2 older girls. Puppies have a diff. scent do not smell like a DOG lol, now I had 2 girls on the sofa petrified of this furry bouncy ball of energy, with teeth like a shark. Again it took several weeks for the 2 older ones to finely come off high grounds for a full body sniff of this new comer. I think it all depends on the dog you have. If she is well socialized with other dogs, it may take a few weeks for your older one to fully accept a new one. I never had a prob. with all girls. The 2 that were not spayed, when they came into season their personalities did not change, they did not becomes aggressive towards each other. Always show the older one more attention, make her FIRST for everything. When you go out and return home, great the older one FIRST, feeding time, put the older ones food dish down FIRST, treat time the older ones gets hers FIRST. If the pup you have now is well socialized with other dogs, she should have no prob. in accepting a new sister or brother. But, it will take her time, perhaps several weeks to accept, not be afraid of this bouncing ball of energy, and to interact with the new kid. Let your older one make the first move,do not try to FORCE a friendship. Your older one will know when the time is right and safe to interact with the new one. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!