View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
amberfranklin
Yorkie Yakker

We just got a second yorkie a week ago. Chloe is almost 3 and has been the center of the universe since she joined our family. This time I decided to get a male. Carson is 12 weeks old and only 2.2 pounds now, where Chloe is a tall, 11 pound princess! For the first 24 hours, you would have thought we brought a snake into the house! Chloe was terrified! She eventually sniffed and realized he was ok. However, we have power struggles but for a little guy, Carson can hold his own! We have done our best to not disrupt Chloe's routine and have probably even overcompensated with attention, she's never wanted for any in the past! I have toys all over and there are times when they both must have the same one. I have to calm them down from playing too rough, as the size difference makes me nervous. Chloe gets very concerned when Carson is in his exercise pen for potty time (which is going well) as if she feels sorry for him! I am hoping they become good for each other as I can see them become more friendly each day. I do have some guilt for any attention I take away from Chloe, but am enjoying our new two dog home.
amberfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!