View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
redwind30
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default need your advice

I have not written in several months. This is such a nice group of people and Ijust need some advice and need to know if you think I made the right decision.
I lost my little yorkie man last January. It absolurelybroke my heart and I never thought I would want another dog again.But here I am.I know no one will EVER be able to replacehim, he was the love of my life! But, I know now that I can love another little one.
We saw a yorkie on a local rescue site (not yorkie rescue,just regular rescue) But, he was adopedout.I then saw this little chichiwauathat I felt so sorry for, because she had such a horrible life.So we agreed to “foster to adopt”. Which would allow us time to see if this would work out.
She was very shy, but starting to come out of hershell. UnfortuneatlyI started having breathing problems with myasthama the same day she arrived.But, Iconvinced myself that it was the pollen in the air or in a few days I would getbetter.The breathing did not get better,I had to use my inhaler more this past week than I have the past 3 months puttogether and I even needed to use the nebulizer this AM.
I contacted the otherfoster mom and she came and got the little girl this afternoon.They both seemed very happy to see eachother.I actually think the other fostermom may end up adopting her.
I miss her so much. Now I am second guessing myself.Was it the pollen, if I had given it more time would I have gottenbetter, maybe I would have built up an immunity to her.Do you think I made the right decision?
I guess I am just afraid that I won’t be able to findanother one that I will love as much as I loved her…took me a whole 20 minutesto fall in love with her!
I never had breathing problems with my little yorkie, butnow I am a little gun shy about trying again…what if the same thinghappens? Have you heard of anyonehaving breathing problems with yorkies?
I really do love theyorkie breed, but as you know they are not easy to find.I would rather have an older yorkie…maybe 3or 4 years old.Do you know how silkiescompare to yorkies?
I know I have asked a lot of questions…but as I said Ireally trust the people on this forum. Having this little girl reminded my of how much I miss my little guy.
Any advice would be appreciated.
redwind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!