View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 AM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I'm sorry to read this. It literally angers me.

Couple things. First off, I don't want to lecture you about buying from a pet shop. I'm sure you know now. But check your state's law about puppy lemon law. Or take the pet shop owners to small claims court. $7900 is a LOT of money and no doubt more than the price of the dog, even if he was obscenely overpriced, as many pet shops are. Don't just chalk it up to a lesson learned. People like the pet shop owner need to own up to their responsibilities. No other business would stay in business if they sold merchandise, and I even hate to call live animals that, that was faulty and when the customer came back they wouldn't do anything about it.

Put the name of the shop out there. Leave reviews on Google, Yelp, BBB, Rip Off Report. Everything you can find, and back it up with the facts; upload the ER vet's bills, of course black out your phone number/contact info.

Along that vein, do the same for the breeder/puppymill. Also, any breeder that is licensed by the USDA is TOTALLY a puppymill. You don't need USDA to come inspect you if you are small scale.

I'm wondering why the vet said Dave was ok to go out and about. Not at that young. I did it unknowingly and Uni turned out ok, but normally you shouldn't.

Hoping little Dave pulls through. That is a lot to go through for such a little one. Pneumonia is very tough to overcome.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!