View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #9
beyoutful
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thank you for all the replies!

With Holiday season and also getting a new computer and didn't find the site again, I am sorry I haven't responded. I want to first thank everyone of you for your replies! I love this site!!

Second, I finally got my Olie's papers from the owner, who hasn't spoken to me, and he is actually 8 1/2 years old. I am a bit disappointed by that. I was hoping he was younger. Olie, we found out has a health issue. He has a bladder stone. So we are trying diet to try and dissolve it. We can't afford a surgery for him so I may have to give him up if this doesn't work. I am very upset to find out. His teeth are horrible. They did take him regularly to a club in their area that supposedly cleaned his teeth, etc up 'til 2014. But his teeth are brown so I don't understand how they got so bad in less than a year. My Vet said Yorkie's teeth go bad quickly. He has very few left. Also, they kept up on his shots it said, etc..

As far as Olie's training, he is doing well. He is actually very intelligent and we found out he can sit on demand and does know all the stuff he was just choosing not to. Right now with with his bladder stone, we have to have him on a special diet and treats are out of the question. So I had to be stern with him. Of course, I didn't hit or do anything that was wrong. I just spoke very sternly with him and he has been obeying. I have also heard of the clicker and I am going to purchase it and train him with that so that I don't have to look him in eyes and be so stern with him. I don't like it. But he seems to respond fine and he still thinks he's connected at the hip with me. He goes everywhere I go, even when I don't want him to. LOL

He's a precious little guy and very loving.
beyoutful is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!