View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #8
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBirchNJ View Post
Thanks so much for your replies. Yes the pups have been vet checked and no issues were found. I was told to monitor the runt to make sure he was latching on and to make sure the others were allowing him to feed.

The dam is actually in an enclosed space with the pups. We had opened it up because it seemed like she was anxious about being near us and so we let her out and she came to each of us for some petting and would quickly return to check on her pups. Anyway, that freedom deteriorated into her trying to move the pups out. We have since closed the exit and the removal of the puppy has not reoccurred so we will be keeping it that way.

The runt is actually eating well and moves around a lot. Cries just as much as the others and is eager and latches on when feeding begins.
Besides that little roadblock, dam seems like a good mom. Defensive about her pups, covering them if we get close but no aggression. I won't be breeding her again just because My vet warned me of health risks (breast cancer etc).

Thanks again for your suggestions!!!
I am so glad that everything is looking good it is great that you have your vet to support you and that mama is taking care of business!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!