View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
Erinmaureen
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sleep Help! Yorkie won't sleep through the night

My Fiance and I just got our first Yorkie puppy in July. Millie is 8 months old and has been an amazing addition to our home.The problem we are currently having is 100% our fault, but I would still love to help on how to fix it! When we brought Millie home, our trainer told us to let her sleep in our room, in a crate on the floor. Our trainer also told us that we should take her out once a night, because she was very little for her age and wouldn't be able to hold it. After awhile, we started letting Millie sleep in our bed once she woke up in the middle of the night. She would start in her bed and ultimately finish in ours. As time went on, we noticed she would cry earlier and earlier throughout the night, hoping to get into our bed as soon as possible. When we started putting her back in her crate, she would wake up every hour on the hour and cry until we put her in bed with us. We finally got this under control, but have now created a dog who expects to go to the bathroom 2x in the middle of the night (2am and 4:30am). My parents are going to be watching her for a few nights in 3 weeks and that will not be tolerated. Any suggestions on breaking her from this cycle?! We need help!
Erinmaureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!