View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Any liquid will work....you dont need to worry about WATER if baby is getting formula.

The formula I use has everything a baby needs in it....
1 8oz can Just Born puppy formula
4 oz Pedialyte unflavored
1 raw egg yolk
1/2 cup live cultured yogurt
3 tbsp Dr Millers NutraDrops

Is baby bottle feeding well? If a baby aspirates and get formula in the lungs, that will more than likely cause pneumonia and he will not recover. Aspiration is a big concern if you are having to use a dropper or something like that...you do better dipping the corner of a washcloth in the formula and let baby suck the milk out of the cloth....hopefully, this baby is drinking well from a bottle and this is not an issue.

You can mix formula or water into the puppy food, if he is eating that up....that will be enough fluid for him, as long as he is eating that mushy formula....would be safer than trying to give liquids and getting it into his lungs....it is all over but the hole digging if that happens. The yogurt in that formula I gave you above, is needed for intestinal flora so baby wont get diarrhea and get a "slick gut", which can lead to a whole set of problems and issues..... That RC puppy food is great for him....I would just add some of that formula I gave above, to get fluid into baby....is baby eating that puppy food on his own from a saucer? Please keep us updated on this tiny soul....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!