View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #39
SharonSnowbird
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOwner View Post
Well, today ole Charlie screamed like crazy when we pulled into the Home Goods store parking lot. This time we just sat until Charlie got tired of screaming and settled down. Put him into his carrying case and off we went - no problem. He just sticks his head out and waits for people to pet him - ah what a life! Hopefully, after a while he will realize that we will just sit tight until he runs out of juice before going into a store. I must admit - his screaming only lasted a few minutes this time.

FWIW - we have him trained to use the paper pads when in the house. When he goes - we give him a small treat (cut a treat into a bunch of pieces and only give him one piece). We noticed that he is using it more and more but it isn't showing up. Let me explain - when he goes he comes out in front of us and does that "cleaning my feet" routine - it is kind of funny sometimes - he actually kicks the rug out from under him. Anyway - we don't immediately change the pad until he goes a few times on it and sometimes his goes on the same exact spot (or so we thought!!!!). I decided to place a mirror across the room so we could see him when he pees. Yea, it has come to that - this dang dog is having fun with us! That little turkey would stick his head over the paper - turn around and see if we could see him - and run out like he pee'd rubbing his feet off on the carpet! He wasn't even on the pad and knew exactly what he was doing. Dang this is one smart dog playing us like a piano so he can get his treat. He is wearing us out - always coming up with something new!
Love this whole post, way too funny!
My Tiffany would do the same thing, I always put her outside to pee on the grass and she would always get a small treat. But when winter came and I put her out and she squatted on the snow and peed and then ran to me for her treat, I looked and SAW NO WET SPOT in the snow!!! She faked her pee! I laughed 'til I cried.

Lacy will do a little pee on her UGO, get a tiny treat, and go and do another little pee, get another treat and will then go and do a third one. But at least she is peeing, LOL, (she is not a "faker" yet!) she just does little pees to get more treats. These dogs are so darn smart!
Lucky Mom to my Precious Lacy! .......... RIP Tiffany and Chanel and Lacy #1
SharonSnowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!