View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Some things that indicate a reputable breeder:
1) Interviews the prospective owners, usually has a questionnaire for you to fill out.
2) Usually has a waiting list that can stretch from 6 months to several years, because her dogs are in demand.....no advertising necessary, word of mouth is invaluable.
3) Shows a knowledge of the dog's lines...pedigrees....will be more knowledgeable than just the parents of the litter.
4) Has a contract that specifies how long the pup is "guaranteed"....contract will specify exactly what will constitute money being returned to buyer in the event of illness/death of the puppy......usually specifies breeder is to be contacted immediately if there is any issue with the baby. A responsible, respected breeder will assist you with any puppy that she sells you that is sick, with information, help, guidance, and even refunds/another baby, according to her contract.
5) May actually want contact at least once a year with new owners, just to track how her babies are doing and being made aware of any vet visits that were necessary. My Rosehill Family contacts me around Christmas, with a precious pic of the baby, a very short update on any issues encountered during that year....important information to keep me updated on any health issues at all...
6) Breeder will probably want vet references about you...dont be offended....there are many vets that take care of Yorkies that have NO idea of the special requirements and or adjustments needed when dealing with yorkies. Don't be offended if the breeder actually contacts your vet to see if you do indeed take care of your pups.

This just scratches the surface of what a reputable, respected breeder will require and expect from anyone buying her babies.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!