View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Mayzoo
YT 500 Club Member

Okay, I see the veggie chews are for tartar and the regular are for plaque and calculus. I guess I should ask my dentist friend . I did a bit of research and this is what I found:

"Plaque

Plaque is the clear film composed of bacteria that develops on your teeth throughout the day. Plaque usually poses little threat to our oral health when we practice proper oral hygiene by brushing and flossing our teeth twice a day. The problem that arises from plaque is often caused by lax oral hygiene which leads to the accumulation of plaque on teeth and below the gumline, causing cavities and periodontal diseases such as gingivitis. When accumulations of plaque are left untreated, calculus and tartar begin to form.

Calculus and Tartar

Calculus and tartar are different names for the same substance that comes from the second stage of plaque accumulation where the bacterial film begins to harden. The development of tartar (calculus) leads to rapid tooth decay, and increases the severity of gum infections. Tartar will always need to be removed through a special procedure by a periodontist, followed by special care to allow your gums to heal, and prevent the tartar from developing again.
Do your best to avoid the accumulation of plaque, and the development of tartar (calculus) by practicing proper oral hygiene and receiving routine tooth cleaning procedures from your dentist."

https://www.azperio.com/calculus-tar...-a-difference/

So, the brushing will work for the plaque and the veggie chews will work on any build up that I may miss with the brushing.

Last edited by Mayzoo; 12-13-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Mayzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!