View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
Mayzoo
YT 500 Club Member

I would keep a rolled up newspaper/magazine AND treats on a hard surface near the area you enter to see the table. If she is on the table, quickly and somewhat loudly snap the newspaper down on the hard surface and say a firm NO. Then, I would crate/confine her somewhere for 10 to 30 minutes. HOWEVER, if you think the loud snapping noise will startle her enough to fall/jump off the table, then skip that part unless she is large enough yorkie that she is not easily injured by getting off the table.

Also, I would start teaching her "leave it" with items on the floor. Then when she is proficient at leave it, proceed to laying dog acceptable foods (not her treats) on the table and tell her to "leave it and stay down." If you come back into the room and she has not been on the table, lavish praise on her for "staying down" and give her treats of her own.

This is serious because she could get into something that could cause her great harm, so it has to be corrected as soon as possible.

Last edited by Mayzoo; 12-10-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Mayzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!