Thread: Cushing's
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #6
jimmy85
Yorkie Yakker

Hi,
Thank you for your sharing your experience and good news regarding the Cushing's with your Wylie.
What symptoms did Wylie have that led to the diagnosis ?
1.Charlie has had some accidents
2.She licks things (everything) after eating for an hour despite antacid treatment, distractions.
3. She never seems to be in any pain.

How long did it take to figure out the MWF dose of Lysodren was appropriate for Wylie ?

Charlie is a very happy, energetic 7lb girl.

She had blood work done in August and then again in October that didn't show any excess cortisol levels in the blood. An X ray was ordered because she had an involuntary accident (urination) in front of me that made me concerned she may have been having stones again. The X ray revealed an enlarged liver that the vet was not extremely concerned about. Since September she hasn't had any involuntary accidents that I know of. She gets some urine leakage when sleeping.

That X ray led the vet to say we "could" do an ultrasound.
The ultrasound showed both adrenal glands to be swollen (The radiologist said the glands were mildly enlarged)
All other organs were deemed normal.

The radiologist stated that it is possible that the enlarged glands could be an outlier and that it's possible that she has an estrogen based sphincter weakness assuming the urine cortisol test is a negative.

We just want to make the best decision for Charlie. We won't spare any expense to keep her healthy but we don't want her to be unnecessarily treated when the diagnosis at this point is murky.
jimmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!