View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Major breakthrough.....hopefully

Duchess and I drove 12 hours to Nashville from Delaware to visit family for the holiday. The first 6 hours of the trip was a total disaster. Duchess never liked riding in cars but she would tolerate it to a point. Occasionally she would get car sick and throw up. In preparation for this trip to help alleviate some of her anxiety, I bought the thundershirt and I gave her some benadryl before we left. Neither one worked.

The first 2 hours were fine and she slept peacefully. Then all hell broke loose. She started pacing and whining which I ignored......big mistake because the next thing I hear is farting and squirting....ewwwwww. My baby had diarrhea. So I pull the car over and spend 20 minutes or so cleaning the car out. Within an hour, it happened again and one more time before we got to Nashville for a total of three times that I had to clean the car out. Whenever she started whining a pacing, I knew she had to go.

The good news is that on the way back home, riding in the car did not bother her. In fact, she was the perfect road dog, sleeping soundly and even chewing on her bully stick. She did this for the whole 12 hours. I am so proud of her. As I said earlier, Duchess never really liked riding in cars and would actually hide from me if she thought we were going in the car but this is the first time of I have seen her so at ease in the car.
Keeping my fingers crossed that she has gotten over her anxiety about riding in cars.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!