View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #550
ZacharyDY
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Perhaps you are referring to static vs dynamic, but I never heard of them (IP addresses) being in different states. That would make it pretty impossible for computers to communicate with one another...I think??
If you have info about this claim, I would love to read about it. Thank you.
Given working in hi-tech/Information Technology for approximately 20 years, in the Silicon Valley and elsewhere, for Fortune 100 companies and the Department of Defense, I am quite familiar with the difference between dynamic and static IPs. Regardless of whether your IP is dynamic or static, it will still identify your geographic location. An anonymous or hidden (masked) IP/VPN is totally different. The primary objectives of the latter are to protect one's physical location for reasons of personal safety, prevent online identity theft, and to safeguard (from online theft or damage) personal and financial information stored on one's computer. Although the following is not a product I personally use, you might wish to review the description of the following product for further information about the idea in general:
Hide IP: protect against hackers, identity thieves and mass surveillance | CyberGhost VPN
FYI: My IP right now shows NY, NY (#3 of 3, but it could change before I log out)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!