View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
maroon88iroc
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Anyway to predict adult colors in parti yorkies?

Unfortunately my wife and I just lost our Bandit about a month ago and since then have been miserable at the house with no one there with us. House feels empty and quiet. We have been looking at other dogs to fill the void and connect with. We had a black & tan Morkie which we loved completely but after the health issues we went through we want to go with a more high end breeder and a registered puppy to hopefully have peace of mind on future health issues.

We have been looking at parti yorkies b/c we want a different color than our Bandit who was black and tan. We really want a mostly white dog with a lot of black and gray on his face and more black than white on his back. Would prefer no brown but its basically impossible to find. We have found a puppy that we are highly considering but after research I am seeing that the coat will change significantly into adulthood. We also saw this in our Bandit, he was solid black with only very little tan on his chest and middle of his face as a puppy but as an adult bandits full head/chest/legs/feet were solid tan and only black on his back.

My question to the breeders here who have lots of experience in this, is there any way to predict or somewhat estimate the mature coat of a puppy? I have attached 2 pictures of the puppy we are looking at purchasing.
maroon88iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!