View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmeitstori View Post
Let me put it to you this way,

Say you took in an old gelding (by the way, that is a neutured horse). Now, you have had the horse for a little over a month. You realize, after looking online, "Oh my goodness! I am supposed to have my horses seen by a farrier monthly! I better call one and make an appointment"! So you do, and along comes the farrier. He asks you when was the last time your horses feet have been checked so you tell him a little over a month ago. He laughs and calls you names and makes you feel like you do not deserve to own this old rescue horse because you are a week late on the call. Now, do you ever go back to that farrier again? No. you dont.
I was involved with breeding and showing Arabian Horses for years....I know what a gelding is, but thank you!....I appreciate any education the farrier can impart to me, including but not limited to doing my OWN hoof care/trimming/shoeing, which they did! You can rest assured I would have nown all about farriers, and had reputable one lined up to teach me what I needed to know! WHO called YOU names??? Your farrier?? Certainly not me!! If the farrier did a great job on my horse, which is why he was contacted, I personally would have appreciated the time and effort he spent, trying to educate me about farriers and shoeing, especially if he was doing it for FREE, strictly out of love for horses and getting the job done correctly! I personally have always appreciated any time and effort ANYONE invested in trying to educate me in any area. I can honestly say I have never attacked or insulted anyone that spent even 15 seconds of their valuable, precious time, trying to show me something, or teach me something, especially in areas where I was totally uninformed. Of course, I sincerely appreciated the fact that they were devoted to making certain I did not stumble blindly ahead, endangering my animal's lives, through my uninformed ignorance. It never mattered to me HOW they imparted the valuable information.....I understood not everyone teaches or reasons or speaks like me, and I have always appreciated any time or effort anyone has taken in an effort to educate me, because I learned long ago that no one owes me anything, and anything they impart to me, I will appreciate.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 11-30-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!